Whether you like it or not social media plays a big part in most of lives, with technology quickly increasing and amazing us with what it can do, here’s some things to watch out for in the coming year.
Al Lenses for Facebook & Instagram
The growth of Instagram Stories means a major social media trend could be Al lenses across all networks. Here are some reasons to believe Instagram will increase the competition even further in 2017.
– 100 million users on Instagram Stories two months after release
– Instagram Stories are watched by 18% of users daily
– Facebook is already testing Al Lenses for its mobile interface
More Customer Service Chatbots
The rise in social customer service means more business will look to automate simple requests from customers.
– 300 million people actively use voice & audio calling features on Facebook Messenger
– Facebook bots now accept major vendors such as MasterCard Visa and American Express
– 484 Slack Bots currently available according to BotList
Paid Content Continues to Reign
Social media algorithms make it harder for brands to get ads in front of users. Focusing on quality and engaging content still holds merit, but paid content continues to flourish.
– A projected $41 million will be spent on social media advertising in 2017
– Twitter Q3 advertising revenue grew from $513 million in 2015 to $545 million in 2016
– Instagram ad revenue drew $1.53 Billion across the globe
Priority on Business Features & Analytics
With networks prioritising business needs, most brands are beginning to understand the value of social media analytics. Expect more focus on native platform business tools.
– 92% of C-Level executives already use data and analytics for marketing insights
– 36% Of business use social media analytics for more than competitor analysis
– Only 34% of small businesses use social media to engage and converse with customers
Social Shopping & Instant Purchases
Social Commerce isn’t slowing down and more networks are providing brands with easier ways to sell to customers. Instant purchases are available on Instagram, but social media trends point to faster sales across the board.
– 75% have made a purchase because they saw it on social media
– 57% of consumers are more likely to buy from a brand they follow
– 28% of consumers said a brand’s social presence was the biggest reason to try new products or services.